Chess sets are available in the market in variety of shapes, sizes, styles, and designs. However, they are mostly meant for either of the two purposes; play or see. Chess sets that are meant for show are relatively more expensive than their counterparts that are meant for playing with. However, this is not to mean that they can also not be used to play on special occasions.
For a chess set meant for show, you require a good budget. You can purchase one depending on your capacities because they are highly expensive. On the other hand, if you are in need of a chess set to play with, there are innumerable options that are less costly.
Theme is yet another factor that is of utmost important when choosing chess pieces. The pieces represent the theme and they will resemble that specific theme. Here are some them examples.
- Medieval Theme – Here, the king may resemble a 15th century medieval king. The pawns resembles lords or landowners, bishops resemble barbaric priests and so on and so forth.
- Egyptian Theme – The King resembles the pharaoh and the rest of the pieces designed to resemble their position in the Egyptian rule.
- Greek Theme – where the king resembles Zeus and pawns be more like mortal men.
- Sports Theme – Get your chess set looking like your favorite sports game or club
- Movie Themes – you most certainly have a favorite movie, chess sets can be customized to your favorite movie personalities.Material
When selecting the material, make sure that it blends well with the theme you have selected. If you are not quite sure of which material matches which theme, ask the designers. They have probably worked with many chess sets and are at the best position to help select the best choice.
When selecting chess sets, it is important to know what it’s purpose is, the theme you need it to have and most importantly the material that best suits it. For more in-depth detail on selecting chess sets, visit http://www.chess-sets.info/wooden-chess-sets/